The Platzlalm in Kaltenbach is surrounded by mountains at an elevation of 1,790 m. In summer, you can reach us directly by car along the Zillertaler Höhenstraße via Ried, Kaltenbach, or Aschau. If you prefer a sportier approach, you can also reach us by bike or on foot.
PlatzlAlm | Eva & Martin Wimpissinger | +43 5283 20577 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hut address: Neuhütten 49 A - 6272, Kaltenbach, Tyrol, Austria
Your arrival day:
In winter, the ONLY way to reach the Platzalm is to ride the Ski Optimal Hochzillertal lift in Kaltenbach.
- Park your car for free in the parking lot or in the parking facility at the valley station
- Purchase your ski pass for your skiing vacation at the ticket office
- Inform us by telephone of your arrival so that we can pick you up at the summit station
- For an arrival before 10 am, we will pick you up with our Ski-Doo
- For an arrival after 10 am, store your luggage at the summit station, and we will pick it up at 4 pm
Our video about your arrival day might be helpful (see below at the bottom of the page).
Luggage allowance per person: one suitcase, one ski boot bag, and one ski bag
- First ride up the mountain on the lift starting at 7:30 am
- Last ride up the mountain on the lift at 4:00 pm, afterwards, arrivals are no longer possible
- Free ride up on the gondola between 3:00 and 4:00 pm (only with a valid ski pass for the following day)
Your departure day:
- Please place your luggage in front of the elevator no later than 9:30 am
- On your departure day, you are welcome to ski - the ski pass must still be valid on this day
- Until 10 am, we are allowed to drive the Ski-Doo and can take you and your luggage to the summit station
- For departures before 10 am, the gondola ride into the valley is free
- Last gondola ride down into the valley at 4:30 pm
Please note that we are not allowed to drive the Ski-Doo between 10 am and 4 pm!
Munich autobahn - Rosenheim - Kufstein border crossing (A12) to the Zillertal exit - 7 km on B169 to Kaltenbach or toll-free: Munich autobahn Tegernsee exit - Achensee - Zillertal - Kaltenbach.
In summer, we are easy to reach along the Zillertaler Höhenstraße (toll road - Zillertaler Höhenstraße) via Ried or Kaltenbach. Please use these coordinates for your navigation device: 47.268681, 11.845884
When riding the train, you can start your vacation during your arrival journey. The trains of the Austrian and Swiss Federal Railways as well as the Deutsche Bahn railway bring vacation guests affordably, quickly, and comfortably to Tyrol. Whether with a SparSchiene ticket for the ÖBB (Austrian Federal Railways), the Europa-Spezial ticket of the DB (Deutsche Bahn), or the Sparbillet of the SBB (Swiss Federal Railways): these special prices will make your ride in into the Zillertal even more affordable. Start your well-earned vacation without traffic jams and stress.
The train station in Kaltenbach is only 500 m from the Hochzillertal lift.
Don't lug around heavy suitcases! Your luggage will be picked up at home and brought to your vacation destination and of course returned home after your vacation. To make a booking and see more information, click on the following link https://www.oebb.at/de/reiseplanung-services/vor-ihrer-reise/haus-haus-gepaeck.html
With an early booking, you can travel comfortably to your vacation destination at a reasonable price. Current offers for train rides can be found on the following link https://www.oebb.at/de/tickets-kundenkarten/oesterreich-europa/sparschiene.html
The nearest airport is in Innsbruck. Transfer time to the Zillertal: ca. 1 hr. International airports: Munich ca. 150 km. A transfer with the airport taxi directly to the Zillertal is possible. We will then pick you up at an agreed-upon spot.